Description of the Plastic Free Baltic project.
Recently plastic litter contamination is considered one of the most serious manmade threats for the natural environment and hence a topic of emerging concern. Microplastics are called tiny plastic pieces, less than 5 mm, primarily made of polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and other commonly used, poorly biodegradable polymers.
The amount of plastic litter present in the marine environment is increasing.
Therefore Polish Ecological Club in Gdańsk, supported by Coalition Clean Baltic in Uppsala, in partnership with all Baltic catchment countries, prepared a set of lectures, films, tasks and animations to raise awareness on the problem of littering our common sea – The Baltic.
Plastic Free Baltic 2017 set on EkoAgora platform www.ekoagora.pl run by Polish Ecological Club East Pomerania Branch in Gdańsk consists of 4 components:
All the materials and results of survey will be published on EkoAgora platform.
We invite every person living or visiting Baltic Sea Region countries to dig into our material, to change their everyday behavior , to reach the feeling “I can help our Baltic to survive”.
How to work during the on-line course
Tasks to take while educate on ML and MP
- General information on ML and MP; sources; types, chemicals. Impact ML and MP on the environment, biodiversity, food chain
- ML management, regulations, national and international policies
- Possibilities of MP removal from sewage and waters
- Health impact of plastics
- Substitute materials to plastics in cosmetics and pharmaceuticals
- Ways to stop ML and MP in seas and oceans, actions, consumption patterns
- Waste source separation
Components of e-learning training
- 1 minute video by the lecturer – simply to introduce themselves.
- 10 page written lecture to read
- Additional materials chosen by the lecturer
- Condensed information around the topic in a form of video, cartoon, film, infographic, ppt
- Self – control test
- Homework- as practical as possible
Participants work on modules in any order: it is their choice which of the modules they start with as well as finish with.
After finishing the last block participants should report, mainly on their personal, practical actions – till 15.11.2017
Terms of e-learning training
Plastic Free Baltic PKE OWP – CCB
- The training is conducted by the Polish Ecological Club East Pomeranian Branch with its seat in Gdańsk at Narutowicza 11/12, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The training is carried out within the framework of the „Plastic Free Baltic” project implemented in partnership with all Baltic States and co-financed under the agreement with Coalition Clean Baltic No. 17-3063-1.
- Training is conducted on the socio- communication platform EkoAgora, administered by PKE OWP http://ekoagora.pl/
- Training consisting of 7 thematic modules lasts from 1.09.2017 to 15.11.2017.
- Participants in the training are those who are registered during the recruitment period and sign up on the portal EkoAgora . Recruitment period starts on 15 July 2017 and lasts till 15 November 2017
- Participation in the training is free of charge.
- All materials provided in the training are protected by copyright.
- All resources provided in the training, unless otherwise stated, may only be used for educational purposes.
- Use of materials included in the e-learning course for purposes other than those specified in sec.8 requires the written consent of the Polish Ecological Club East-Pomeranian Branch.
- The copyright liability in connection with the publication of e-learning materials and other electronic materials rests with the author.
- Participants of the e-learning course have the right to submit their comments on the methodical and substantive side of the conducted classes.
- Method of training:
A) Thematic modules will be published on http://ekoagora.pl in the first week of September 2017.
B) Certificates of successful completion of the training participants may receive, after completing all the parts of the training at min. 75% .
To download: leaflet – PFB